ERT Awards Supporting Information
best new product – Major Domestic Appliances
Whirlpool 600 mm 6TH SENSE® induction hob (WF S0160 NE), Whirlpool
The Whirlpool 600 mm black glass induction hob (WF S0160 NE), which launched in July 2020, boasts patented Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® technology, improved heat distribution and enhanced flexibility, designed to adapt to the individual users cooking needs and accommodate a variety of pan sizes.
To optimise and enhance the cooking experience, the brand new Whirlpool induction hob (WF S0160 NE) boasts automatic settings that enable the user to select popular hob functions, including keep warm, boiling, melting or simmering, with just one touch. The chosen setting is maintained by intelligent 6TH SENSE® sensors that detect the cooking utensil’s temperature, while monitoring and adjusting the power until the dish is ready to serve. In addition, 6TH SENSE® technology can save the user up to 30 per cent in energy and time*.
Furthermore, the 6TH SENSE® induction hob features four cooking zones and benefits from flexible cooking options, Chef Control and the brand new FlexiSide feature. Chef Control divides the hob into three zones and sets each zone to a different and pre-set power level.
The idea is that the user can move the pots from one area to another, without selecting a power level, so the user can continue to cook at different temperatures, just like a chef. FlexiSide combines two separate zones together to form a larger cooking area, which can accommodate several, or bigger, pots and pans. FlexiSide utilises four heat inductors to maintain an improved, consistent temperature across the whole zone.
The Whirlpool induction hob also benefits from an enhanced user interface with dedicated sliders for effortless control of each individual cooking zone. Each slider is mapped to the corresponding position on the hob surface ensuring precise, intuitive control of the induction hob and its settings. What’s more, thanks to Whirlpool’s exclusive iXelium nanotechnology glass treatment, the induction hob is incredibly durable, with a scratch resistant surface that ensures a long-lasting shine. In addition to looking great, the elegant flush finish is also practical and easy to clean.
The brand new induction hob from Whirlpool (WF S0160 NE) has been designed to meet the increased demand for intuitive cooking in the kitchen.
Further features and benefits of the Whirlpool 600 mm 6TH SENSE® induction hob (WF S0160 NE):
• Four zone induction hob with an enhanced user interface that boasts an intuitive, easy to use slider for precise control of each individual cooking zone
• Programmable timer for each cooking zone with automatic switch off
• Automatic pan detection, residual heat indicators and a control panel lock for ultimate safety
• There are 18 different power levels available for each zone
• Demonstration mode is ideal for retailers to show the consumer the excellent benefits and enhanced flexibility of the hob
• Easy installation is achieved thanks to the four spring fixings that secure the hob in place
• Dimensions: H x W x D 54 x 590 x 510 mm
* Versus a standard Whirlpool induction hob without 6TH SENSE® in the boiling function