ERT Awards Supporting Information
best new product – Small Domestic Appliances
Triflex HX1, Miele
Offering exceptional cleaning performance and flexibility thanks to a unique 3in1 design, Miele’s first ever cordless handstick vacuum cleaner, the Triflex HX1 was launched to retailers at Studio Wayne McGregor in February 2020.
Led by multi award winning British choreographer and director, Wayne McGregor CBE, the contemporary dance company created a refreshing, artistic interpretation inspired by the key features of Triflex HX1; FLEXIBLE, POWERFUL and FAST. The event included a presentation from Miele’s brand manager for vacuum cleaners, Joseph Yaxley and sales director for Miele GB, Stephen Rickersey. Attendees were also able to put Triflex to the test with working samples.
Feedback following the event was extremely positive – both from retailers and the technology and home interest press who attended:
“By far the best press launch I have been to for many years. I really thought the days of launches of that sort of scale and ambition had long gone. Stunning.”
Key highlights of the Triflex HX1 include:
– Three models with defined price points – Entry, Cat & Dog and Pro
– Unique 3in1 design – choice of three set up configurations; Comfort Mode for upright cleaning ideal for large floor areas, Reach Mode for ceilings and bookcases and Compact for quick clean ups and upholstery
– Quick and easy to change between each set up configuration for every cleaning need
– As powerful as Miele’s award-winning corded vacuum range
– Removable battery offers uninterrupted cleaning for up to 60 minutes (entry and Cat & Dog models) and 120 minutes with top of the range Pro model, which comes with two batteries
– Option to buy additional batteries to extend cleaning time
– Exceptional and fast cleaning performance on all floor types including carpets thanks to the XXL Electrobrush adapting automatically to the floor type
– Easy to operate and maintain
– Leaves the air cleaner than before due to lifetime filters – traps over 99.999% of fine dust and over 99.95% of allergens for a spotless clean
– All models have been awarded a Which? Best Buy
– Unlike other cordless vacuum cleaners, the Triflex can be stored upright on its own in Comfort Mode but also has a wall dock attachment
– The battery can also be charged anywhere, whether it’s on the appliance or elsewhere, perfect for those who don’t have power in their under stair cupboard!
Since its launch, Miele has supported the promotion of the new Triflex with digital and social media advertising, a high-profile influencer campaign, in-store POS and video/ imagery assets.
The Miele Triflex HX1 has been popular with retailers and customers alike with sales demand for its top of the range Pro model exceeding all expectations. Based on current sales forecasts, Triflex is set to make up over a third of Miele’s floorcare sales for 2020.
To date there are 40 positive reviews on www.johnlewis.com rated 4.8 out of five stars on average. Comments include:
“I will never go back”
“Just no comparison (to previously bought competitive model)”
“The amount of dirt that came up from my carpet was unbelievable”
“Easy to use and very efficient”
“A brilliant vacuum cleaner”
“Excellent in every way”
“Absolute game changer!”
“Extremely high tech, practical and sleek”
“It’s made vacuuming – dare I say it – fun!”