ERT Awards Supporting Information
best new product – Major Domestic Appliances
Integrated 9 kg washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK), Hotpoint
The Hotpoint integrated 9 kg washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK), launched in July 2020, takes laundry to next level by offering an increased capacity within the same standard footprint. The new integrated appliance increases the user’s laundry capacity by up to 30 per cent*, without the need for additional space under the counter.
Consumers are buying into the advantage of laundry appliances that benefit from a larger capacity, allowing them to wash bigger loads, less frequently and therefore more economically**. Homeowners often choose integrated laundry appliances if they want to keep their appliances hidden away, to create a streamlined look within their kitchen. However, the capacity of an integrated laundry appliance is often compromised by the luxury of it being built into the kitchen.
The new washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK) from Hotpoint allow those who desire a larger capacity to upgrade their appliance, without the need for more space under the counter. Its spacious 9 kg capacity is ideal for large families and it has been designed to fit into standard under-counter spaces***.
Not only does the integrated washing machine enable users to wash larger loads, it also boasts a variety of functions and the flexibility that consumers need to live their lives exactly the way they want. For example, the Anti Stain 40ᵒ programme quickly eliminates common stains, without the need for pre-treatment. The machine intuitively controls the correct amount of water, temperature level, detergent and drum movements, so users can say goodbye to stains, with ease.
Additional features and benefits:
The Anti Stain 40ᵒ programme tackles stains using three technologies in one programme:
o Digital Motion Technology – the special inverter motor manages up to 10 different drum motions specific for treating everyday stains while caring for fibres
o Perfect Temperature Control innovatively controls the temperature level
o Sensor technology optimises the water consumption at every wash, ensuring a remarkable saving of resources
• Anti Stain Quick programme is a shortened cycle that works alongside the Perfect Temperature Control technology to remove everyday stains in just 45 minutes
• Care for woollens with a delicate wash programme that ensures a perfect clean while protecting the softness of the fabric. This cycle has been approved by The Woolmark Company as a valid wash to use on woollens with the “Hand wash” label
• Option to pause a wash cycle and, provided the water level and/or temperature isn’t too high, users can open the door if the “Door locked” indicator light goes off
• Start delay to wash at a desired time, perhaps when cheaper energy tariffs are available
• Multi rinse option increases the efficiency of the rinse for enhanced detergent removal, particularly useful for sensitive skin
• Efficient ‘A+++’ energy rating
• Noise level washing: 45 dB(A)
• Noise level spinning: 72 dB(A)
• Finished in white with a control dial and digital user interface for intuitive operation
• Dimensions: H 820 x W 595 x D 545 mm
* Compared to a Hotpoint appliance with a smaller capacity
** Home Laundry Appliances in the United Kingdom, Euromonitor International, February 2019
*** Consumers should check their individual under-counter space before purchasing a new appliance